Build your Adventure Escape
Choose your activities from the experiences listed below. Additional time during your stay will be filled with good conversation, music, river walks or just time to relax and enjoy the space.
We are in the heart of Ballina, with the river beach and hiking trails both on hand. We are well stocked with everything an adventure might require - binoculars, telescopes, metal detectors, electric bikes but most importantly our mentors have a passion for the outdoors, a knowledge of nature and basic survival skills. They also know the best swimming holes and secret waterfalls and hiking trails.
Pick one of these activities:
• Bike trail ride - Explore Bundjalung Country with a coastal track, or the Northern Rivers Rail Trail ride. We’ll pack the snacks, you bring the pedal power. Electric Lecker Bikes provided
• Kayak adventure - Greet one of the local dolphin populations or see the Northern Rivers from the water by joining a kayaking tour of Byron Bay or Brunswick Heads
• Whale watching or dolphin chasing adventure - Head out to sea with Out of the Blue Adventures
• Fish for tea? Join local fishing expert Wal for a river boat fishing adventure*
• Learn to surf with Let’s Go Surfing*
Plus one of these activities:
• A treasure hunt - Solve clues and follow your map and hone your metal detecting skills to find the missing treasure
• Fishing off the Ballina pier
• A coastal bike ride finishing with a coffee stop
• Snorkelling in Shaws Bay*
• Visit anywhere in the world in our Virtual Reality hub - Skydiving over the Atlantic. soaring over the Amazon rainforest, skiing the snow fields of Japan. We can make it happen - no passport needed!
*You must have basic swimming skills for these activities.
What you’ll master:
Problem solving, cooking skills, organisational skills, coordination, social skills.